MONDAY, MAY 28, 2018
Join us to celebrate Memorial Day on May 28, 2018 for the 5th annual Grand Run!
Participants will run on the park’s extensive trail system to tour the state-of-the-art sports destination with 31 multi-purpose fields and 26 baseball diamonds. The half marathon participants will also get to enjoy a section of the Monon Trail and the beautiful Asa Bales Park.
- Distances offered will be the Kids Fun Run (50-yd dash), 5k, 10k, and our FIRST official HALF MARATHON!
- Note: the 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon races will be chip-timed.
- Registration includes: An Adidas Climalite short sleeve t-shirt, finisher’s medal, refreshments and snacks, and other fun festivities.
- Registration Deadlines:
- Nov. 12 – Dec. 31: 5k $20 | 10k $25 | Half Marathon $40
- Jan. 1 – March 31: 5k $25 | 10k $30 | Half Marathon $45
- April 1 – May 27: 5k $30 | 10k $35 | Half Marathon $50
- **May 11 is the t-shirt deadline
- Memorial Day (Day of race): 5k $35 | 10k $40 | Half Marathon $55
- The Kids Fun Run (50-yd Dash): free and not timed
Click HERE to register for the Grand Run 2018.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Hoosier Veterans Assistance Foundation.
Awards will be given to the top three overall finishers (male and female) for the 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon.
The top three finishers of the half marathon will also receive free registration for the Grand Run 2019 event.
Packet Pick Up
Wednesday, May 23rd from 11am-2pm
City Services Building
2728 E. 171st. Street, Westfield, IN 46074
Thursday, May 24th from 5pm-8pm
Wellbrooke of Westfield
937 E. 186th Street, Westfield, IN 46074
Monday, May 28th (Race Day) from 5:30am-6:45am
Grand Park Sports Campus
19000 Grand Park Blvd., Westfield, IN 46074
How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for the Grand Run, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for the Murph Challenge.
What are my parking options? Parking Lot C is located at 19000 Grand Park Boulevard, in front of the Grand Park Events Center. Parking Lot D is located just west of the Grand Park Events Center (enter from 191st Street).
What is the refund policy? No refunds.
Are there age minimum requirements to enter either event? No.
Are strollers allowed in the Grand Run? Yes, but please start behind the runners and keep to the right on the course for safety.
Will there be a time limit on either event? No time limit. We only ask that you enter your projected finish time for volunteer planning purposes. We will not hold you to that projected finish time 🙂
Help Make Westfield Community Events Happen!
Volunteer Information and Sign Up:
We can’t make our community events happen without the support of our volunteers and partners. The City of Westfield Community Events and Engagement department strives to make volunteering as engaging and rewarding as possible. If you are interested in more information please reach out to our Westfield Welcome Manager, Bailey Spitznagle firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your contact information HERE
To sign up to be a volunteer for events, please follow the steps below:
- We love safe events and we want our volunteers to contribute to providing safety! All adult volunteers are required to submit a background check. Please fill out a background check form by clicking HERE . You will receive confirmation once your information has been accepted.
- Once you have been approved as an official Westfield Welcome volunteer you will receive upcoming volunteer opportunities and needs.
Grand Run Volunteer Opportunities
- Course Cyclists for 5k and 10k (3 needed)
- Race Day Registration and Packet Pick Up Table (4 needed)
- Finish Line Food & Water Table (3 needed)
- Floaters – to direct Grand Run/Thrive Fit Events (3 needed)
- Volunteer Check-In (2 needed)
- Ride Assistance (4 needed)
- Course Marshals (13 needed)
- Hydration Stations (11 needed)
- Cheer Stations (5 locations – 6 volunteers per location)
Use our Community Events for Marketing!
Our community events offer businesses a fantastic marketing platform. We do our best to develop sponsorships with real marketing benefits that will help drive business to you. Beyond driving business to you, sponsorships are an excellent way to be a visible community stakeholder because your sponsorship dollars go directly back into the community.
2018 Westfield Community Events Sponsorship Guide HERE