Melt the Trail 2017 Fun Run Details
What makes our race the BEST winter race?
- Everyone gets a finishers medal and long sleeved tech t-shirt (if signed up by deadline)
- Costume Contests (single, couple, and family category!)
- Indoor bathrooms and warming station
- Valentine Station
- Hot chocolate AND COFFEE after the race
- Bananas and Fun treat after the race
- Beautiful course through Westfield’s Grand Park
- LOTS of prizes including: age category prizes for top finishers, costume contest . . . and more!
Why should you come out and support your loved one/favorite runner?
- Hugs and Kisses are encouraged at the finish line
- FREE Photo booth
- FREE Face Painting
- Indoor bathrooms
Melt the Trail Registration
Online registration is now CLOSED! On-site registration opens Friday 2/03 from 5-8pm as well as on Saturday morning 2/04 from 7-8:30am! *T-shirts not guaranteed
Registration Includes: A long sleeved TECH tshirt, finisher’s medal, snacks after the race, fun activities before and after the race, the chance to win a prize, entrance into the costume contest and a timed route! Registrations are non-refundable even in cancellations due to weather.
Nov 1- Jan 6th $25 5k | $30 10k
Jan 7th- Jan 27th $35 5k | $45 10k
On-site registration $35 5k | $45 10k *tshirt not guaranteed and Credit Card Only
Common Registration Questions:
- Will I get a t-shirt at onsite registration? On-site registration will take place during packet pick-up on Friday night (2/3) and Saturday morning (2/4). We will only have a limited number of t-shirts and sizes available on-site. Once they run out, they run out! We suggest you register by the 27th to guarantee your shirt!
- Does my child in the stroller need to pay? Children who are young enough to ride in a jogging stroller are FREE (no t-shirt included and do not need to be registered.
- Can I run/walk with a jogging stroller? Yes you may! Jogging strollers will be asked to start in the back of the race for safety reasons
- Can my child participate in the race? This race is for ALL ages! Everyone who is able bodied to participate can sign up! We have children’s sized t-shirts and LOVE seeing whole families together!
- I want to get my face painted and cheer at the finish line, can I come without registering? Yes you may! There will be a variety of activities inside the event center which is located near the start/finish line. We ENCOURAGE family and friends to come out and cheer on your loved ones! All activities are available to you accept: getting a t-shirt, receiving a medal, going out onto the timed course, and eating the food we have for the participants.
Packet Pick-up: Friday, Feb 3rd from 5:00-8:00 pm at the Grand Park Event Center
Saturday, Feb 4th from 7:00-8:30am at the Grand Park Event Center
Melt the Trail Costume Contest
Show up to the race in your best Valentine’s outfit! We encourage EVERYONE to wear valentine’s colors and accessorize as much as possible!
COSTUME CONTEST RULES:
Enter to join the costume contest for a chance at a prize! Simply follow these instructions:
- Follow @westfieldparks on Instagram
- Post a photo showing off your awesome costume! Racing bib numbers MUST be visible, numbers not visible are not eligible to win.
- Use hashtag #MelttheTrail2017
- Tag @westfieldparks in the photo
- You will have ALL day Saturday (competition ends at midnight) to get creative with your costumed photo. The winner will be announced via our Facebook page on Monday Feb 6th.
THE WINNER OF EACH CATEGORY WILL RECEIVE A PRIZE!
Thank you for your interest in Westfield events!
Volunteer Sign Up:
Sponsorship Sign Up:
To sign up to sponsor Melt the Trail, please fill out the form below. Our Community Outreach Manager, Peter Erotas, will contact you regarding sponsorship opportunities. Thank you!