We are excited for the 8th annual Westfield Rocks the 4th celebration! We are returning to Grand Park for the second year but have relocated the event to the West side of the park. Be sure to check out the annual Headliners Car Show in Parking Lot E. We have expanded our Kids Zone and are excited to continue our tradition of fantastic musical acts. Of course, we will have a wide variety of food and retail vendors. This year will feature lots of new activities for the whole family to enjoy! Join us at 10pm for one of the largest fireworks displays in Central Indiana!
Westfield Rocks the 4th
TUESDAY, JULY 4TH, 2017 | GRAND PARK
4:00PM - 10:30PM (FIREWORKS @ 10:00PM)
General Event Information
PLEASE NOTE: WR4 has moved to the WEST side of Grand Park
NEW THIS YEAR: Two ziplines, an outdoor ice-skating rink, game zone designed for ages 13+, open play areas (bring your soccer ball!), and Emmy Award winning entertainment group, The Fab Four, will be headlining the Main Stage!
As always, we will have opening entertainment acts, Headliners Car Show, Kids Zone (ages 12 and under), food vendors, retail vendors, and a FANTASTIC fireworks display! The hot dog eating competition will be returning for the second year due to popular demand!
Tickets for the zip lines are on sale NOW! Get yours before it’s too late by clicking HERE!
If you are participating in the GAME ZONE, KID ZONE, ICE-SKATING, or ZIP LINE- you will need to fill out a waiver. You can fill out your waiver ahead of time by clicking HERE.
Want celebrate the 4th of July in style with friends and family? Get your VIP tickets now! Click on the VIP Area tab for more information!
Headlining Act | The Fab Four Ultimate Tribute
8:30 pm-10:00 pm
The Emmy Award Winning Fab Four is elevated far above every other Beatles Tribute due to their precise attention to detail. With uncanny, note-for-note live renditions of Beatles’ classics such as “Can’t Buy Me Love,” “Yesterday,” “A Day In The Life,” “Twist And Shout,” “Here Comes The Sun,” and “Hey Jude”, the Fab Four will make you think you are watching the real thing.
Their incredible stage performances include three costume changes representing every era of the Beatles ever-changing career, and this loving tribute to the Beatles has amazed audiences in countries around the world, including Japan, Australia, France, Hong Kong, The United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico and Brazil.
The Tides | 4:15 pm – 5:45 pm
The Tides trio is a fun, positive, creative mix of versatile musicianship performing songs from the 50’s to modern day. Entertaining with a blend of unusual instruments, great vocals and great vibe, the Tides play family friendly music with creative arrangements of songs you will know – making these veteran performers a little something special and different from the rest.
To participate in any of these activities, you must fill out a waiver. Complete your waiver ahead of time by clicking HERE.
All Ages | $15
Soar over all the fun on our NEW zip lines! We are pre-selling tickets HERE!
Ice Skating Rink
All Ages | Free
We are doing the impossible- Ice skating on the 4th of July! Check out our NEW 4,000 sq ft ice skating rink in Parking Lot E. We suggest bringing your own socks; however, we will have a limited number of socks available for purchase.
Ages 13+ | Free
The Game Zone is NEW this year! Highlights include a Giant Side, Archery Tag, Human Foosball, Bungy Jumper and MORE! Check out the pictures below to see all the fun!
Ages 2-12 | Free
Our Kid’s Zone is designed for ages 2-12. Your children will enjoy our fun inflatables, face painting, and carnival games for FREE! This zone will close 30 minutes before the fireworks to allow our faithful volunteers to enjoy the rest of the event with their families.
Our FREE Kid’s Zone is made possible by:
Enjoy the festivities of July 4th in style!
Included for your enjoyment will be an exclusive area with tented seating adjacent to the Main Stage; a fabulous catered menu; full premium bar and specialty beverages; spectacular activities and entertainment engagements that will not be presented anywhere else; and the best VIP Parking access to the event.
Grilled Honey Teriaki Salmon; Marinated Chicken Breast in Sun King’s Wee Mac, Molasses and Orange Juice; Bourbon Cream Corn; Macaroni + Cheese; Watermelon Salad; Apple Cobbler and Grilled Peaches with Honey + Cinnamon. Beverage options include a full bar and specialty drinks for all ages.
VIP AREA ACTIVITIES AND SCHEDULE
Activities will begin at 4pm and end at 10pm right before the fireworks display
ARCADE TENT: Air Hockey Tables, Foosball, Pool Table, Pinball Machines, Galaga Arcade Game, Pacman Arcade Game, and Boogie Heads!
LAWN ACTIVITIES: Volleyball, Badminton, Corn Hole Games, Yard Yahtzee, Giant Jenga, Battle Zone, and The Vortex. Inflatables will shut done at 10PM to accommodate the Fireworks Display.
- 5:30 – 8:30PM CARICATURE ARTIST AND FACE PAINTING
- 6 – 9PM BALLOON ARTIST AND STROLLING MAGICIAN
VIP AREA COST
Call 317-339-9068 or email email@example.com to reserve your place in the VIP Area
- PRIVATE TENT (seats 24): $2400
- TABLE (seats 8) under the Community Tent: $900
- INDIVIDUAL SEAT under the Community Tent: $125
Headliners Car Show
Headliners Car Show
The Headliners Car Show can be found in Parking Lot E from 4:00pm- 8:00pm. A special Awards Ceremony will be held in Parking Lot E at 7:30pm.
The Headliners Car Show is made possible by:
and Esler’s Auto Repair
Thank you for your interest in Westfield events! We have the privilege of planning events that bring the community together in Westfield. Join our mission by giving of your time, resources, or finances.
Westfield Rocks the 4th (WR4) is a great opportunity to serve your community and become involved in the largest event in Westfield. Plenty of volunteer opportunities are available and can be done individually, as well as signing up your organization, family or friends! We are need in help with the positions listed below. If you are interested in helping, please click on the link below.
- Information Booth Volunteers
- Each volunteer will be on hand in the information booth and will assist our guests with questions they may have regarding WR4 or Grand Park
- Shift Times: 4pm-6pm; 6pm-8pm; 8pm-10:30pm
- Volunteer Check In Tent Volunteer
- Each volunteer will assist with providing information to the other volunteers as they report for their shifts
- Shift Times: 8am-10am; 10am-noon; noon-2pm; 2pm-4pm; 4pm-6pm; 6pm-8pm; 8pm-10:30pm
- WR4 Greeters
- Each volunteer will be stationed at three key entry points into the main event area
- Shift Times: 5pm-7pm; 7pm-9:30pm
- VIP Area Greeter
- Each volunteer will be stationed at the entrance to the VIP Area and will greet and make sure all VIP guests area welcomed
- Shift Times: 4pm-6pm; 6pm-8pm; 8pm-10pm
- Savvy Survey Volunteers
- Each volunteer will be using an Ipad to ask event survey questions to event attendee
- Shift Times: 6-8pm and 8-10pm
- Vendor Volunteers
- Each individual will help with vendor set up or tear down. Vendors will need to be guided into their assigned spot and assisted with getting out of the park
- Shift Times: 9:30pm-11:30pm
- Security for Fireworks Launch Area
- Each volunteer will be responsible for keeping other event guests out of the launch area.
- Shift Times: 8am-10am; 10am-noon; noon-2pm; 2pm-4pm; 4pm-6pm; 6pm-8pm; 8pm;10pm
- Monitors on 186th Street NO Parking Area
- Volunteers will policing on golf carts the designated area on 186th Street where no parking will be allowed
- Shift Times: 8am-10am; 10am-noon; noon-2pm; 2pm-4pm; 4pm-6pm; 6pm-8pm; 8pm to approxiamately 9:50pm when WDF and WPD will close this section of 186th Street
- Transporters at Parking Lots
- Volunteers will be driving buses to transport guest from their cars to the event grounds.
- Shift Times: 6:30pm-9:30pm
Volunteer Sign Up:
- To sign up to be a volunteer, please follow the steps below:
Sponsorship Sign Up:
To sign up to sponsor Westfield Rocks the 4th, please fill out the form below. Our Community Outreach Manager, Peter Erotas, will contact you regarding sponsorship opportunities. Thank you!
Hot Dog Competition
Hot Dog Competition
5:30-6:30 pm | Main Stage
- Must be at least 18 years of age to enter the competition
- Must sign a release waiver prior to the event
- A total of 5 participants will be selected by the City of Westfield based on applications received online
- The winner is awarded to the first individual to fully consume 5 hot dogs and buns.
- The contest will end after 10 minutes if no participant has consumed 5 hot dogs.
- If the time limit is reached, the participant that has consumed the most hot dogs will be declared the winner.
- In the rare event of a tie, the winner will be decided by an additional speed round among the tying participants.
- Participants may not touch hot dogs until the starting signal is given
- A stopwatch will be used to record the winning time
- Only entire hot dogs eaten will be counted (an entire hot dog includes the bun)
- Hot dogs will be provided with no condiments or toppings
- Participants may drink any non-alcoholic beverage of their choice while eating their hot dogs.
- Water and cups will be provided.
- Buns and hot dogs may be separated, dunked, or mangled.
- All portions of the hot dog (including bun) must be eaten.
- Partially eaten hot dogs will not be counted
- Visible signs of sickness will result in disqualification
- Additional information will be provided to the selected participants prior to the event on July 4th
We have over 50 wonderful food and retail vendors coming this year! We will also have an ATM on-site for your convenience!
Grand Park Rules
Please note that coolers can be brought in as long as they do not contain glass or alcoholic beverages. All coolers must be checked at the Info Tent.
Rules and Regulations:
- NO ANIMALS (except service animals with paper work and bib) beyond parking lots.
- NO alcohol or glass bottles
- NO gum or seeds allowed on fields.
- NO wading, swimming, fishing, or ice skating
- NO tobacco products, illegal drugs, or chemicals of any kind.
- NO fireworks of any kind.
- NO missile / projectile like objects.
- NO air horns, Vuvuzelas or whistles of any kind.
- NO skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, roller shoes, etc.
- NO un-authorized field or batting cage usage – all usage must be approved in advance.
- NO un-approved pamphlets, handouts, displays, advertisements, etc.
- NO un-authorized merchandise, food, beverage, or photography sales of any kind.
- NO un-authorized vehicles, scooters, carts or the like beyond parking lots.
- NO un-authorized Personal Training
- All RV/Camper’s should park in Parking Lot C; Overnight parking is not permitted
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring a cooler into the event? No; coolers are not allowed at Grand Park. Event staff will ask patrons to take coolers back to their vehicles if they are brought into the event area.
Is this event free to attend? YES! Everything in the event area is free with the exception of the two ZIP Lines and the VIP Area and the 40+ retail/food vendors that will be selling.
What time do the fireworks start? The fireworks will begin right at 10pm!
Can I bring my own fireworks? NO. Other than the event fireworks display, fireworks cannot be brought in (including sparklers).
Where is the best place to see the fireworks? Because of the size of Grand Park, you will be able to see fireworks everywhere! However this year, we will be synchronizing music to the fireworks and this can only be heard in the Concert Venue. Please refer to the map on the event homepage.
What special accommodations are provided for guests with disabilities? We will have a large amount of handicap parking available on the north side of Parking Lot F. All other parking lots at Grand Park have handicap parking as well. We plan to have shuttles from 5:30pm to 9:30pm that will bring guest from parking lots to Lot F. The shuttles will not run after 9:30pm. All of the fields are accessible with paved paths throughout the park.
Where can I park? The closes parking is Lot F. All the lots (C, D, F and G) on the field side of Grand Park are open for public parking including the Grand Park Fieldhouse. Lots A, B, H and J, which are on the baseball side of Grand Park will be available too if needed. Please see event map for locations of these lots.
Will there be shade at Grand Park? We will have tents in the Kids Zone and the VIP Area. We will also have misting stations spread throughout the park. Tents cannot be brought in.
Is there a lost and found? Yes! Please bring/pick up items at our neon green Information Tent located as you enter the event from Lot F. After the event, please fill out the form on Grand Park’s website and someone will follow up with you directly. You can access this by going to http://grandpark.org/lost-and-found-2/