WESTFIELD'S TRAIL SYSTEM
Out of safety and consideration for everyone participating in this event, we ask that you only interact with this activity if you are in good health. Should more than one group be present at a stop, please maintain a distance of 6 ft.
1. Download the Doggy Donut Trail 2020 Guidebook! The guidebook includes rules and instructions, a map and your passport sheet.
2. Use the map inside of your guidebook to find the 12 sweet stops along the trails within Asa Bales Park and North Union Street. *A sweet stop will be indicated by a donut-shaped sign along the trail*
3. At each sweet stop, find the shape/symbol located on the front of the donut-shaped sign. (For instance, there might be a heart, a square or a circle.)
4. Draw the shape/symbol in the appropriate section on your passport sheet. Give your pup a treat from the box on the donut-shaped sign as a reward for “sniffing out” the signs!
5. Once you visit all 12 sweet stops and have drawn all 12 shapes/symbols on your passport, you can take your completed passport to Hollywood Feed in Clay Terrace for a free donut bow-tie. Plus, redeemed passports will be entered into a drawing for a Hollywood Feed prize basket!
*This trail activity and prize redemption is only available from Friday, July 17- Sunday, July 19th.
*Physical guidebooks will not be distributed- you will need to print your own copy or create your own passport (instructions below).
We have created a Doggy Donut Trail Guidebook which includes all the information you will need to participate AND a printable passport sheet on the last page. You should print one passport per participant.
Don’t have a printer? No worries! You can easily make your own!
Step 1: Draw 12 boxes on a sheet of paper.
Step 2: Label each box: “Sweet Stop 1”, “Sweet Stop 2”, “Sweet Stop 3”, etc. . . (there are 12 Sweet Stops total)
Q1. Where does the trail start and stop?
A1. Sweet Stops can be found in ANY order! As long as you find all 12, you can start wherever is most convenient for you! If you don’t think you have time to find all 12 in one day, you have 3 days to complete the trail! Starting and stopping is definitely allowed!
Q2. How will I know where the Sweet Stops are located?
A2. There is a small map located in each guidebook that designates the general area of each sweet stop (each Sweet Stop is designated with a pink donut sign). We will not be publishing an exact address or coordinates- the signs will be easy to find!
Q3. How will I know what a Sweet Stop looks like?
A3. Starting on Friday, July 17, we will have 12 signs on the trail. Each sign is called a “Sweet Stop”. The signs will be in the shape of a donut and be between waist-shoulder high. Each sign will have a symbol/shape located on the clear plastic box attached to sign. This is the symbol that would will draw onto your passport.
Q4. How long is Doggy Donut Trail?
A4. The entirety of Doggy Donut Trail is approximately 1 mile. All of the stops are on the trail within Asa Bales Park and the sidewalk along North Union Street. Participants will need to exercise caution and obey all traffic rules.
Q5. I have my passport, but what will I actually have to do in order to earn a prize?
A5. Each Sweet Stop sign will have a clear box attached to the front of the sign. This clear box will have a shape/symbol such as: heart, square, circle, etc. . . When you come across each sign, you should use your own drawing utensil and draw the symbol/shape on the appropriate space within your passport. For instance, if you come across “Sweet Stop 5” draw the symbol/shape at that sign onto the “Sweet Stop 5” section on your passport. Each sign has a different symbol/shape. Each donut sign will also have a free small dog treat so you can reward your pup for “sniffing out” the sweet stops! Once you have found all 12 signs and have drawn all of the unique coordinating symbols/shapes into your passport you can take your completed passport to Hollywood Feed in Clay Terrace to receive a free donut bow-tie!
Q6. What do I do with my completed passport?
A6. Once your passport is completed, take it to the Hollywood Feed pet store located in Clay Terrace mall. The address is 14598 Clay Terrace Blvd. Suite 160 Carmel, IN 46032. You will receive one free donut bow-tie! In addition, you can leave your completed passport at Hollywood Feed to be entered into a drawing for a free prize basket!
To sign up to sponsor Doggy Donut Trail, please fill out the form below. We will contact you with sponsorship opportunities. Thank you!